Become a Member
ASSCE is a selective organization. To be an ASSCE member, one needs to:
- abide by the law and bylaws,
- have calligraphy learning/practicing experience, and
- be teaching or to teach calligraphy in the United States or North America at large.
- Assistance in connecting with shufa calligraphers with institutions and communities for events, teaching, workshops and much more.
- Promotion of your publications, calligraphy works, and other works to a wider audience.
- Attend ASSCE organized academic conferences at a premium registration rate.
- Have the opportunities to join the ASSCE workshops, calligraphy demos, and panels at relevant conferences or conventions hosted by ACTFL or CLTA
- Enjoy exclusive discounts for conference related accommodations and tours
- $30 for the one-year regular membership
- $70 for the three year membership
- $120 for the five year membership
- $300 for the life-long membership
- $15 for the one-year student membership
Procedure for membership application:
- Download the ASSCE Member Form, OR, request one at email@example.com;
- Complete the signed form and email it to "firstname.lastname@example.org";
- Wait until an approval email reaches you. Then hitClick HERE to pay for the 1-yr Regular ($30), 3-yr Regular ($70), or 5-yr Regular ($120) membership. To pay for the 1-yr Student ($15) or Life-long ($300) Membership, put the right amount in the "Any Amount" box. Optionally, you can write a check, payable to ASSCE, and MAIL it to "Dr. Li-hua Ying, 316 Church ave, Germantown, NY 12526".
- Once your payment is received, ASSCE will issue the member certificate (in PDF) to you.
We also accept donations. To donate, please click on DONATE or
We appreciate your generosity! Thanks!