Become a Member
ASSCE is a selective organization. To be an ASSCE member, one needs to:
- abide by the law and bylaws,
- have calligraphy learning/practicing experience, and
- be teaching or to teach calligraphy in the United States or North America at large.
- Assistance in connecting with shufa calligraphers with institutions and communities for events, teaching, workshops and much more.
- Promotion of your publications, calligraphy works, and other works to a wider audience.
- Attend ASSCE organized academic conferences at a premium registration rate.
- Have the opportunities to join the ASSCE workshops, calligraphy demos, and panels at relevant conferences or conventions hosted by ACTFL or CLTA
- Enjoy exclusive discounts for conference related accommodations and tours
- $30 for the one-year regular membership
- $70 for the three year membership
- $120 for the five year membership
- $300 for the life-long membership
- $15 for the one-year student membership
Procedure for membership application:
- Download the ASSCE Member Form, OR, request one at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Complete the signed form and email it to "email@example.com";
- Wait until an approval email reaches you. Then you write a check, payable to ASSCE, and MAIL it to "Dr. Li-hua Ying, 316 Church ave, Germantown, NY 12526".
- Once your check is successfully deposited, you will receive the member certificate in PDF.